Fashion trends can range from sophisticated to well, puzzling. I wrote an article not too long ago about Jenner’s “invisible pants”. I’m just glad that hasn’t caught on.
I thought that was crazy, but I was in for a surprise when I came upon this new trend at the clubbing scenes – duct tape couture! Yes, duct tape, the one we use for all sorts around the house, EXCEPT as clothing.
Miami-based fashion designer Joel Alvarez is responsible for this daring (read: perplexing) new trend that involves duct tape.
Daily Mail quoted Alvarez, “Embodying the character of Miami’s nightlife culture, The Black Tape Project incorporates one of the most common household items, coalesced with (my) artistic flair and the natural beauty of the human body.”
To promote the edgy and out-of-this-world project, Alvarez tapped a group of models that can be booked to attend events. They’ve been spotted at clubs in New York, Las Vegas, the Caribbean, and Europe. These women definitely contributed to the popularity of the duct tape trend.
So will this trend catch on and be the “it” thing? After all, body paint became the hottest trend for a time.
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017