The “Copa De Los Niños Street Soccer Challenge” is an annual cup hosted by Brgy Sto. Cristo Football Club in honor of the feast of the Sto. Niño, patron of Bago Bantay where the Barangay is located.
The team is composed of devoted kids who make the most out of their limited space.
Despite the lack of play area, these amazing kids didn’t stop their passion.
Every open place, every free space could be their training ground. The streets and sidewalks serve as their practice zone. No space is too small as long as they could roam freely, it is an opportunity for them to develop their skills and love for sports.
Plus, this is certainly a good way to keep them away from doing unpleasant activities and instead focus their mind on building a competitive and winning mindset.
Brgy Sto Cristo Football Club was founded June of 2014 as a community football club to provide free football training for children. The team’s partners include Quezon City FC, Global FC, Laos FC, Azkals Foundation, and the QC government provide both technical and logistical support.
Sto. Cristo FC has produced seven players that have played for the QCFC Philippine Team that competed in the 2015 and 2016 Borneo Cup in Malaysia.
To learn more about this awesome kids and project, visit their Facebook page here…
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018