Speaking to Bizaare’s Dan Wootton, Celine Dion, the musical powerhouse who has the most successful songs of all time, said in an interview that one of her songs has taken a new meaning for her following the sad passing of her husband last year.
She admitted that she found it difficult to move on from the death of her long-time partner René Angélil.
“As a woman, we do have emotions and feelings that come and go. And it’s always with him…When I sing, it’s with him. When I hug my kids, it’s for him and it’s with him. I took time to grieve and I’m still grieving,” she said.
“When I was singing [my songs], I saw that they were becoming hits. And I saw them as hits; I saw them as songs that people loved, that they could rely upon,” she said.
“When my husband passed [“My Heart Will Go On”] became, probably for the first time, our song. I used to sing it for the fans, but now I sing it for us. But when I look at the fans, they look at me and they know that I sing it for him.”
The singer, who is about to embark on a world tour, shared that she is working on new music with Sia. “What a writer, what a vocalist and her creativity is freaking me out,” she gushed.
She also said that someday soon she wants to do a duet with the one and only Adele. Oh, I would definitely love to see (and hear) that. I cannot wait!
Celine Dion is not only a music powerhouse. She is also a pillar of strength for her kids. She finds solace and peace in her own music to help her get through the sad passing of her husband.
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017