I have been craving for milk tea on most days and it’s quite difficult to find a decent store that’s nearby that sells it. Imagine my surprise when I came across an ad that said Nestea, maker of the staple iced tea in all Pinoy homes, came up with their line of milk tea!
I used to get my fix by whipping up my own recipe using an imported brand from Malaysia, if I’m not mistaken, but it’s hard to find the brand in just any supermarket. I get mine from Shopwise, but when I’m unable to go out to shop, well, no milk tea for me.
So Nestea has two available choices – Wintermelon and Hokkaido. It’s also easy to make! You will need 4 sachets (each sachet is like less than Php10.00), a liter of water, ice (of course!) and your choice of sinkers – black pearl, grass jelly, coffee jelly, whatever you want!
Just mix the milk tea powder and water in an airtight container, shake well, like a barista does, and voila! Pour the contents into a glass with ice, add your sinkers and you have your own milk tea!
For days when you can’t go out and get milk tea from your favorite tea spot, this might just be the answer you are looking for.
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017