When Preview asked Heart Evangelista how she managed to survive her last Paris trip in five-inch Azzedine Alaia lace-up booties, she just said, “I just Emla!”
I ask myself, what in the world is “EMLA”? Is it an acronym for a procedure, an exercise routine, what is it?! Searching online, I find my answer! It is a brand of topical anesthesia, and it can be bought over-the-counter at any local drugstore. Emla is the brand name, while its generic name is lidocaine/prilocaine, and is mainly used to relieve or numb pain for minor surgeries and injections, most especially for kids. Emla is also sometimes used prior to bikini or Brazilian waxing procedures to reduce pain.
Dr. Anna Palabyab-Rufino has this to say about Emla, “I have no personal experience when it comes to this matter, but as long as there is no open wound and there is enough blood flow to the feet, then it should be fine.” She also reiterates that the numbing effect is temporary and very superficial so there are no long-term side effects.
“The numbing sensation gives an extra hour’s worth of walking,” Heart adds. So there you go, girls. That’s her secret. Emla. Are you willing to try it yourself? Are you ready to Emla and strut in your sky-high heels? You might want to take a chance and give it a shot, who knows, you might also get yourselves on trending celebrity news?
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017