The Vision Council Research revealed that people wearing eyeglasses increased by 2.8 million over the past years.
Aiming for world-free eyeglasses, Israeli researchers developed eye drops that hope to address problems on eye corneas in the future. Reports from The Jerusalem Post stated,
“Researchers from the Shaare Zedek Medical Center and Bar-Ilan University claim their new ‘nanodrops’ improved short-sightedness and far-sightedness when tested on pig corneas.”
The eye drops contain synthetic nanoparticles which help to correct refractory problems in eyes. How will it work?
1. Patients are required to download and launch an app which would measure their eyes’ refraction.
2. The app will determine how much adjustment needs to be made.
3. Then a laser pattern would be created and stamped on the corneal surface of the eyes through a surgical procedure.
4. Lastly, the nanodrops will later be applied for the finishing touch.
Is it goodbye contact lenses and eyeglasses? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018