Aside from wedding, every girl’s dream is to celebrate a fairy-tale-like debut. Of course, parents are willing to give their all to throw the best party for their debutante.
Last 26th of March, an extravagant debut was held at SM Mall Of Asia Arena.
The lucky girl who made a record as the first ever celebrant to hold her debut at the said arena is Dian Serranilla. Her royal debut has quickly won popular acclaim on social media and her story left everyone stunned.
According to an interview, MOA Arena wasn’t their first choice but, her New-York-Fashion-Week themed debut needed a high ceiling and the other venues they were eyeing did not meet the specifications.
“We are a big family, and we all had guests to invite. Since it is the last debut for my immediate family, we wanted to reconnect with everyone,” Dian said as she explains why the invited guest reached almost 1, 000.
To stop the speculation on how much the party costs, Pep.ph estimates that the family may have spent a whopping amount of P4.7 million for it, not including exchange deals and discounts. Here’s the breakdown of expenses:
- The rental fee of the venue which was MOA is 600, 000 php for four hours with aircon plus additional 120, 000 php per excess hour.
- The food which was catered by K. By Cunanan is estimated at 1, 000 php per plated meal multiply by the number of guests (1, 000).
- Dian’s opening gown as well as the 18 roses gowns were courtesy of Albert Andrada, the designer who created the gown of Miss Universe, Pia Wurtzback. The main gown by Ezra Santos, a Dubai-based Filipino designer and created Heart Evangelista’s wedding gown, costs more than 1 million pesos.
- The 18-year-old lady and her guests got dolled-up by MAC cosmetics.
- The LED invites from Print Diva that cost around 2, 500 php each.
No doubt, it valued more or less than 5 million pesos.
Watch her Save the Date Video shot in Balesin above!
However, as they say, “You cannot please everybody.”
In spite of the joyous celebration, the family receives bashing on social media. The debutante decided to defend her parents on one of her Instagram posts saying, “They’ve worked so hard for it.” Dian also put on her IG’s bio the link of her father’s inspiring story of struggle and success – read it here.
Nevertheless, “It was very overwhelming, but it is the debut we were all dreaming of. Words cannot suffice #DVSaDecadeAndEight. The debut exceeded all our expectations,” Dian exclaimed in awe.
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- These “Extreme Cut Out” Jeans Cost Php 8, 714! Yay or Nay? - May 20, 2018
- International Museum Day! Check out These No Admission Fee Art Galleries - May 17, 2018
- Dojo Dairy’s Hokkaido Milk Ice Cream for Only P10.00! - May 17, 2018
- Heart Evangelista Announced Pregnancy While Holding an Php 18, 000.00 Baby Dior Onesie! - May 16, 2018
- Carol Banawa Graduated Summa Cum Laude at a Nursing School in U.S. - May 16, 2018