Two Manila drinking spots have been confirmed to be part of Drinks International’s Asia’s 50 Best Bars for 2017.
At 14th place is ABV (Alcohol by Volume) on Jupiter opened in 2015, and it was just a matter of time before word got out about their effective Prohibition theme and the fact that you needed a password to get in. People dig this kid of gimmicks. The more you tell them they can’t just get in, they do everything to get in. It also helped that the location is behind a bacon and hotdog restaurant with a sign that says “Bacon and Burgers This Way”. You know, all-mysterious and kind-of exciting. Signature cocktails include Old But Gold and Jupiter St.
16th place goes to The Curator in Legazpi Village, which is a coffee shop by day and cocktail bar at night. It opened its doors in 2014. Its front as a café gives it a homey vibe, like entering a friend’s secret drinking den (there you go, again, mystery). Ingredients are put on a premium, and The Curator focuses on small-batch spirits, homemade bitters, and flawless techniques.
I personally haven’t been to any of these places, but I can sense that mystery and intrigue has a lot to do with the success of these establishments.
Anyway, congratulations, ABV and The Curator!
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017