In accordance to its annual tradition, Instituto Cervantes de Manila will once again host the celebration of the International Book Day.
During the Dia de Libro event, book lovers can take delight in activities for free. Top bookstores and publishing houses offer free or 20% off on their books which is one of the highlights of the celebration. Of course, they will include a book exchange as a jumpstart of this year’s International Book Day.
This book day tradition started in Barcelona, Spain on April 23 which also marks the:
1. Feast of St. George’s Day;
2. death of Miguel de Cervantes, a Spanish writer;
3. passing away of poet William Shakespeare;
4. declaration of “1995 World Book and Copyright Day” by UNESCO; and
5. proclamation of April as the National Literature Month in remembrance of the birth of Filipino poet Francisco Balagtas.
Listen to recitals, rewrite Spanish novels, and collect roses – it’s indeed a celebration of love for art and literature.
As written by Spot.ph, addition to the upcoming Book Stop is the exhibit of Chilean writer Nicanor Parra, one of the renowned Latin American poets of the 20th Century. The Manila Symphony Orchestra will perform Spanish and Filipino classical pieces free of charge. There’s also the presence of the Spanish Football League, La Liga who will be playing with kids.
These and more will be held at Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati on April 21 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. See you there!
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018