My dad has forever been proud of his alma mater and its church. San Sebastian in Quiapo, Manila is the country’s only all-steel church and it will open its doors to students for a free in-house guided tour of the renowned Minor Basilica.
As part of the celebration of Linggo ng Wika, the organizers announced via the San Sebastian Basilica Conservation and Development Foundation, Inc. Facebook page about the tour.
“Pagyamanin ang kaalaman sa kasaysayan at kulturang Pilipino (Nurture the knowledge about Filipino history and culture),” the post stated.
Students who are taking up History, Filipino and Philippine Studies get free admission for the tour. The guidelines said that interested parties need to present their student ID where their courses can be verified.
The free tour is offered until the end of August.
The San Sebastian Church was completed in 1891 and is noted for its unique architectural features. It was marked by the Philippine government as a Historical Landmark in 1971.
*Featured image from Wikipedia
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018