In dictionaries, Museums are defined as “places of study, buildings where objects of historical, scientific or artistic interest are kept, preserved and exhibited.”
Filipinos love any forms of artwork may it be performing arts, literature, painting, etc. However most museums have not-budget-friendly admission fee. The main reason why Pinoys are in doubt of a fun-learning experience inside an art gallery.
Worry no more! We are sharing you this good news from Spot. Ph.
Here is a list of museums in Manila that you can visit for free on International Museum Day:
National Museum of Fine Arts
It is located at Padre Burgos Drive, Rizal Park, Manila. Believe or not, this museum has an always-free admission fee. It includes must-see masterpieces such as Juan Luna’s “Spoliarium.”
Museo ni Jose Rizal
This full-of-historical-pieces place is built in honor of our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal. It houses a replica of Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo. The gallery is situated at Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila.
National Museum of Anthropology
Known as Museum of the Filipin People, it showcases traditional Philippine textiles, evidence of the use of baybayin and artifacts from the ivory and maritime trade.
Museo ng Katipunan
Another free of charge! The museum features the bravery of the members of KATIPUNAN. Some interesting pieces of evidence are here – archival documents, cryptic messages, bladed weapons of Katipuneros. You can also find him the audio recording of Andres Bonifacio’s poem “Pag-ibig sa Tinubuang Lupa.”
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018