Giant fast-food company Jollibee is going to Italy! This will only be the first in Europe. The company announced its plans saying that the biggest Filipino expat in Europe (about 200,000) presented a great first step into the region.
“We’re looking at Italy…we will follow where the Pinoys are”, said Jose Minana Jr, president of the Jollibee group, in an interview last year.
The bee has somewhat of a cult following, what with their crispy fried chicken and sweetened spaghetti. It’s a lot different than any typical Italian dish, plus it has cut up hotdogs.
The Jollibee group will be entering into a joint venture with Blackbird Holdings, a Singaporean F&B company, to own and operate the store in Italy.
Both companies have committed to invest up to €1 million ($1.06 million) in the venture — 75 percent of which will be owned by the Filipino company under its international unit, Golden Plate Pte Ltd.
I guess we’ll see how the Italians react to the sweet sauce over pasta.
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017