After the liberation of Marawi, most Filipinos uttered their willingness to support in rebuilding the City.
The first attempt to build the city was successful. It was due to the Fundraising concert entitled “Awit sa Marawi.” Thanks to the helping hand of the Lord of Scent Joel Cruz who supported the concert, including the performers. The aim of the show was to gain 3.5 million but it exceeded the expected amount because Joel also shelled out 1 million from his own pocket, allowing for a total of 4.5 million.
“Awit sa Marawi,” is an original composition of Vehnee Saturno and performed by the young singer Esang de Torres. Many shed their tears as they hear the message of the song. Aside from the viral video of her performance of Awit sa Marawi, Esang also received lots of good compliments because of her emotional singing.
As of this writing, the video has 5.5 million views, more than 165, 000 reactions and 238,847 Shares.
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018