After the liberation of Marawi, most Filipinos uttered their willingness to support in rebuilding the City.
The first attempt to build the city was successful. It was due to the Fundraising concert entitled “Awit sa Marawi.” Thanks to the helping hand of the Lord of Scent Joel Cruz who supported the concert, including the performers. The aim of the show was to gain 3.5 million but it exceeded the expected amount because Joel also shelled out 1 million from his own pocket, allowing for a total of 4.5 million.
“Awit sa Marawi,” is an original composition of Vehnee Saturno and performed by the young singer Esang de Torres. Many shed their tears as they hear the message of the song. Aside from the viral video of her performance of Awit sa Marawi, Esang also received lots of good compliments because of her emotional singing.
As of this writing, the video has 5.5 million views, more than 165, 000 reactions and 238,847 Shares.
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Trending Online: This Man Contours Better Than You! - February 19, 2018
- KZ Tandingan Won Over Jessie J In “Singer 2018” - February 12, 2018
- Maxene Magalona Tied the Knot with Musician Rob Mananquil - January 16, 2018
- Iza Calzado on Body-Image Issues, “Imperfections. I Have So Many of Them” - January 11, 2018
- Carrie Underwood Is Still Healing After Having 40 Stitches in Her Face - January 11, 2018