Ten years ago, Marian Rivera successfully got the role of Marimar, the lead character in the Filipino adaptation of the famous Mexican telenovela that starred Thalia.
Marimar was believed to be the biggest break of the Primetime Queen, and it opened doors for her to be more known in show business. Actually, roles were available for her after Marimar, like Darna and Dyesebel. She was propelled to stardom. Ten years after her stint in the telenovela, she still is active on TV; with her new fantasy series on GMA TV entitled Super Ma’am. This time, her martial art skills will be put to the test. This is not something new to her, though. It can be recalled that in Amaya, a historical fiction, and periodic drama, Marian played the lead role and it required her to undergo martial arts training.
This video has been trending in social media and it shows other female celebrity hopefuls vying for the role. Who auditioned for the iconic role? Get ready and press the play button when you are.
Source: GMA Entertainment
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017