Maryanne and Tommy Pilling are celebrating their 22nd wedding anniversary. What’s so special about that, you ask? Well, they both have Down’s Syndrome and not so many people thought they would stay together for long.
Now two decades later, the couple is stll very much in love with each other as the first day they met. “I’ve never seen love like it among any other couple,” Maryanne’s sister Lindi Newman said.
The lovebirds met at a school for special needs students and Maryanne was immediately infatuated with Tommy. She invited him home for dinner and Maryanne’s family fell in love with Tommy and his personality, too.
Maryanne and Tommy can’t read or write, but they have their own home and both have jobs.
To support her daughter, Maryanne’s mother just lives next door, while her sister, Lindi, is just down the road. Both take turns in helping them maintain their house clean, and cook for them as well. Lindi also is assigned to drive her sister to her job in a local shop.
This goes to prove that when you love someone, you see beyond what the eyes see, and follow your heart. Congratulations, Tommy and Maryanne! Cheers!
*Image from Metro.co.uk
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017