Despite the intrigues and rumors during her pageant journey, Catriona Gray was still crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2018 on March 18. Catriona bagged five special awards as well, namely:
1. Pitoy Moreno Best in National Costume Award,
2. Miss Ever Bilena,
3. Jag Denim Queen,
4. Best in Swimsuit and
5. Best in Long Gown.
The newly crowned beauty queen is the first Bb. Pilipinas winner who wore the new crown for the title and to represent the country in both Miss World and Miss Universe.
Catriona Gray handled a question from Sung Kim, US Ambassador to the Philippines. He asked:
“After the devastating war, Marawi is now on its way to recovery. What is your message to the young women of Marawi?”
If her beauty and elegance did not get your vote, her winning answer might convince you why she deserves the title.
“My answer and message to the women [of Marawi] is to be strong. As women, we are the head of the household. And, we have amazing influence not only [on] our own families – as mothers, sisters, and friends – but also [on] our community. If we could get the women to stay strong and be that image of strength for the children and the people around them, once the rebuilding is complete, the morale of the community will stay strong and high,” Catriona Gray replied.
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018