I always think it’s sweet when sports personality greet their special someone on-air in an interview, after a match. Read on and you’ll find out why this specific story made me laugh so hard and I had second thoughts about live greetings.
South African soccer player Mohammed Anas went ahead and sent a shout-out to his wife, because, you know, she must have played some role in her success. He sent her some love while speaking to the reporter post-game. But he didn’t stop there. Of course he also sent dome love and thanks to his girlfriend. He tried to take it back but it was too late, you know, live TV?
“I appreciate my wife and my girlfriend,” he said, before trying to backtrack quickly. “Sorry to say, I’m so sorry, my wife! I love you so much. I love you so much from my heart.”
Needless to say, the video of his interview went viral. While some people think that he might have referred to his wife as girlfriend (was he recently married, I don’t know for sure), majority of the comments poked fun at Mohammed with comments like, “enjoy sleeping on the couch for a few weeks”, or “Let’s just pray for #mohammedanas, [cuz] it’s either a divorce or a murder scene coming his way”.
No matter what the case is, I seriously think he had a difficult time explaining when he got home.
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017