This has got to be the fashion mash-up that nobody could’ve foreseen! Two Muslim fans of the Japanese lolita fashion trend, Noor and Alyssa, have pioneered the combination of lolita fashion trend with their Muslim hijabs. They began wearing these sweet-as-candy outfits with their hijabs, creating a unique new style that Japanese lolita fans are falling in love with.
The lolita trend involves wearing modernized Victorian- or Rococo-style dresses and outfits that are heavily accessorized and painstakingly coordinated into elaborate costumes. The trend’s fans (called ‘lolitas’) then meet up at various events to spend time together and appreciate each others’ outfits (or, as they call them, ‘coords’).
While fittingly stylish and flamboyant, their costumes still fully adhere to their religious principles. So, what’s the fuss? 😉
To learn more about the lolita fashion trend, watch this:
Source: Bored Panda
LG D. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by LG D. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- School band Aces and Eights Performs Tagalized Version of You Belong with Me - September 1, 2018
- K-Pop Stars Takes on The Try Not to Sing Challenge - September 1, 2018
- Muslim Lolita Fashion: The Fashion Mash-up Nobody Could’ve Foreseen - June 6, 2017
- Weekly Roundup: Philippine Trending News About Food - May 19, 2017
- YouTube FanFest Philippines Just Concluded! Watch it Here! #YTFFPH - May 13, 2017