The 2018 Henley Passport Index was released on February 28. Granted with visa-free access to 63 countries, the Philippines ranks number 75.
According to their official website, the Henley Passport Index is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which maintains the world’s largest and most accurate database of travel information.
Singapore and Japan steal the number one position from Germany. These Asian countries are granted with visa-free access to 180 destinations. Now sits in second, German passport holders have with access to 179 destinations globally.
Wanting to increase tourism, Uzbekistan gives admission to countries in Asia and the Middle East such as Singapore, Japan (making both to the top spot), Turkey, Indonesia, and Israel. In recent months, the Asian and Middle East nations gotten high levels of visa-policy activity compared with their European and American counterparts.
Because of this, the UK has dropped down one rank to 4th place, providing its people with visa-free access to 177 destinations. Keeping its 5th place, the US provides Americans with visa-free entree to 176 destinations. Climbed three places, the Russian Federation, claims 45th spot. China has shown the most growth compared to 2017, moving up 11 and now ranking 74th worldwide.
At the bottom are Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, each is able to travel 30 or fewer destinations visa-free.
Here are the 63 countries that granted visa-free access to the Philippines:
• Hong Kong
• Macao (SAR China)
• Sri Lanka
• Cape Verde Islands
• Comores Islands
• Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
• St. Lucia
• St. Vincent and the Grenadines
• Trinidad and Tobago
• Costa Rica
• Cook Islands
• Marshall Islands
• Palau Islands
• Papua New Guinea
Source: When in Manila
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018