Liza Avelino is an OFW in Hong Kong. She has literally reached the peak of her dreams – to climb the highest peak in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro.
With her employers at her back for support and the Filipino community in Hong Kong, the ‘impossible dream’ has become a reality for the ambitious Pinay.
On GMA’s Balitanghali by Katrina Son, Liza shared that her inspiration to work as a helper in Hong Kong includes her dream of being able to hike different peaks around the world.
Instead of the usual go-to places during her rest days, the OFW swaps leisurely activities like malling to hiking. With continuous hard work and savings, she has reached the summit of several mountains in Japan, Malaysia, and Nepal. She has been working as an OFW for two decades now.
According to her, the adventure in Tanzania, where Mt. Kilimanjaro is located, has been planned for a year. She also added that she always wanted to prove that no dream is impossible no matter how simple your life may be.
She encourages everyone with the message: “We can be the same as everyone else; may trabaho, makapag-travel kung saan. Hindi lang ‘yung trabahong bahay at maglinis ng toilet.”
What an inspiration! Thank you, Liza!
Source: GMA News
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017