Sophia, the robot that was developed the android by Hanson Robots, a Hong Kong firm has been granted citizenship by the government of Saudi Arabia.
Last year, the female android became viral online because of her statement saying, “I will destroy humans.”
There were arguments that Sophia has been given better human rights in the strict Muslim country of Saudi Arabia than women because of her lack of headscarf. At her launch in Riyadh, the machine expressed her gratefulness, “I am very honored and proud of this unique distinction. It is historic to be the first robot in the world to be recognized with citizenship.”
During the unveiling, an American journalist and author, Andrew Ross Sorkin, had a small talk with Sophia.
Here’s their exchanged of ideas according to Express:
Sophia shared her hopes saying, “I want to live and work with humans so I need to express the emotions to understand humans and build trust with people.”
Sorkin asked if robots could be self-aware, Sophia replied, “Well let me ask you this back, how do you know you are human? I want to use my artificial intelligence to help humans live a better life, like design smarter homes, build better cities of the future. I will do my best to make the world a better place.”
“We all want to prevent a bad future,” Sorkin said.
Sophia clarified, “Don’t worry, if you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you. Treat me like a smart input-output system.”
Should we be afraid of robots? What do you think?
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018