I admit it, not once have I packed light for any of my travels. I have never experienced any baggage allowance trip, not to mention the overweight bags I carry when coming back, what with all the souvenirs and little knick-knacks for family and friends.
Now my dilemma is packing for myself, my husband and my toddler. This is my son’s first trip so I have no idea what to bring. Not the entire wardrobe, I hope!
Now GET.com has 4 easy solutions for chronic over-packers, and if you really want to make a difference and pack your suitcase lightly, please read on.
1. Use a small, lightweight suitcase
Obviously, a small bag only carries a few items, so we start there.
2. Stop throwing every single thing aimlessly into your suitcase.
Packing should be well-thought and planned. Give some time to ponder on what you really need to put inside your suitcase. An extra of everything you might need won’t help.
3. Plan exact outfits ahead of time.
Again, planning is key. Imagine yourself and what you’d wear at specific times of the day, depending on the activity.
While you are at it, always make it a point to prioritize versatility, comfort and how travel-friendly they are. Remember those comfy sneakers; or that slip dress or jeans/trousers that you can dress up or down easily? Pack those!
4. Keep your cosmetics and toiletries in clear bags.
Keep your cosmetics, skincare, and soaps in clear bags so that you can see how much you’ve packed at a glance. This is where it gets tricky. I tend to pack big bottles of body wash, lotions, shampoo and conditioner, and what-not. For our upcoming trip, I’ll stick to small sized bottles and carefully decide which ones to pack and which to leave.
Enjoy a lighter and stress-free travel, everyone!
For more travel tips, read Traveling Solo: Lessons Learned and Tips
*Featured image from Ingenious Travel
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017