Canvas, suede, high-tops, or low-cuts, – some of the most popular sneakers today take inspiration from their classic counterparts. Here are our favorites from Esquire’s list
Here is a list of the coolest ones available this season.
1. Adidas Gazelle
This darling has been with us since the ‘60s – one of the first sneakers to highlight suede as its main fabric.
2. Onitsuka Tiger GSM Sneakers
Part of the Asics company, this is the brand that started the low-top and striped sneaker movement in the ‘60s Olympics.
3. New Balance 998 Beach Ball
The shape of this shoe is reminiscent of yesteryears, and of course, it adds just the right amount of bright colors.
4. Nike Cortez Premium
I can remember shoes like these from when I was a kid, they’re classic!
5. Tretorn Nylite Plus
This classic and my favorite of all, was born out of tennis. Its design has barely changed since its launch back in the ‘70s.
Have you been transported to your childhood? I surely was. Now I miss my Tretorn shoes that my friends and I would literally stamp on to make it look dirty (and fashionable) in the ‘90s.
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017