Ugh, beach body season – what is that? I only know beach season, let’s forget about the body. But the internet won’t let up; it reminds us (especially moms) of what we should look like in bikinis. Every. Single. Time.
Ads for skimpy swimwear and endless diet fads promising you to lose fats fast are all over the internet. We have to have toned abs and buns to boot. All a dream – most moms have a size that is definitely NOT a 6, and there are more soft (read: flabby) areas rather than toned muscles.
To fight off the unreasonable body shaming that women go through, especially this beach season, comedy duo Kristen Hensley and Jen Smedley (otherwise known as #IMOMSOHARD) teamed up to flip the script and shame the shamers. They discuss the stupidity of the battle for the ultimate beach body.
Their viral video has been viewed over 1 million times and has a total of 6.3K comments. As a mom, this hits a spot! Get lost body shamers! I am a mom and my body has gone through a lot, I don’t need your advice either your stares.
The best part of this video is the message it sends to both girls and women that these so-called beauty standards that have been shoved down our throats for years are … well, dumb.
Towards the end of the video, in between punchlines, one of the moms say, “I want my daughter to love her life and to love herself and she’s not gonna do it because I tell her to do, she’s gonna do it because I teach her to.”
Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Wayne B. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- Going Home – A Pixel Art Horror Game by a Pinoy - October 30, 2017
- Former Filipino Actor Now a Police Officer in Canada - October 30, 2017
- Take a Cue from This Man, and Always Dress to Impress - October 22, 2017
- Inspiring Story: Grade 12 Student Sells Corn to Support Family - October 16, 2017
- Another Pinay Nanny Responsible for the Success of This Filipino-Speaking Man from Qatar - October 16, 2017