Planning to throw a fancy romantic dinner for two in the comfort of your home?
Skip the steakhouse. We got you, baby.
Try these amazing recipes that will surely be adored by you and your beloved. It’s elegant, simple and doesn’t break the bank.
Her Scalloped Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. In a small pot, melt the butter and fry the garlic until it’s just starting to brown.
3. Add the flour and whisk until there are no lumps.
4. Slowly drizzle in the milk while constantly whisking to make sure the mixture is smooth.
5. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
6. Slice the potatoes into about ⅛-inch-thick slices, then fan them out in a small baking dish.
7. Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with Parmesan.
8. Bake for about 1 hour, until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
9. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, then serve!
Bacon Avocado Caesar Salad
1. Slice the lettuce into about 1-inch pieces, then transfer to a large salad bowl.
2. Add the bacon, avocado, croutons, cheese, and dressing, mixing until evenly combined.
3. Serve with additional Parmesan on top!
Garlic Buttered Steak
1. Preheat oven to 200°F/95°C.
2. Generously season all sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet, then bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, until the internal temperature reads about 125°F for medium-rare. Adjust the bake time based on whether you like your steak more rare or more well-done (you monster).
4. Heat the canola oil in a pan over high heat until smoking. Do not use olive oil, as its smoke point is significantly lower than that of canola oil and it will smoke before reaching the desired cooking temperature.
5. Sear the steak for 30 seconds on the first side, then flip.
6. Add the butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme and swirl around the pan. Transfer the garlic and herbs on top of the steak and baste the steak with the butter using a large spoon.
7. Baste for about 30 seconds, then flip and baste the other side for about 15 seconds.
8. Turn the steak on its side and cook to render off any excess fat.
9. Rest the steak on a cutting board or wire rack for about 10 minutes. Slicing the steak before the resting period has finished will result in a lot of the juices leaking out, which may not be desirable.
10. Slice the steak into ½-inch strips, then fan out the slices and serve!
This delish menu is from Buzzfeed Tasty . Check their website for the exact measurement of ingredients.
Martha E. | Pinoy Trends
Latest posts by Martha E. | Pinoy Trends (see all)
- A Manga Book About Dr. Jose Rizal Was Released in Commemoration of His 157th Birthday - June 24, 2018
- Have an Amazing-Grilled-Cheese Experience in Quezon City! - June 23, 2018
- Eyeglasses No More? This “Nanodrops” Will Solve Your Eye Problems - June 23, 2018
- Have You Seen Lolo Musician Playing Piano in Glorietta? Watch This! - June 23, 2018
- Enjoy Your All-Time Favorite from Max’s Group, Inc. with Discounts All Wednesdays of June - May 28, 2018